September 14 2007 - CAMPAIGN FINANCE CYCLE 4 ADVISORY
Who must file:
SIXTH TUESDAY (Cycle 4) PRE-PRIMARY or PRE-ELECTION REPORTS are required to be filed only by candidates for statewide office, their authorized candidate committees, and any political committee or lobbyist that has made an expenditure to influence the election of a statewide candidate. In 2007, statewide offices appearing on the ballot include the following:
(1) JUSTICE OF THE SUPREME COURT
(2) JUDGE OF THE SUPERIOR COURT
(3) JUDGE OF THE COMMONWEALTH COURT (Municipal Election)
Political committees/lobbyists that have not made an expenditure to influence the election of a candidate for the statewide offices listed above do not need to file the Sixth Tuesday Pre- Primary/Election report.
The deadline for filing Campaign Finance reports for Cycle 4 is the close of business on September 25th, 2007.
Supported filing methods:
Electronic filing is required. Philadelphia accepts submission of campaign finance reports using the following methods:
(1) Smart Client filing software (available from this website);
(2) submission of text files via the Philadelphia Campaign Finance filing website;
(3) submission of individually-entered records via the Campaign Finance filing website;
(4) submission of text files on CD delivered to the Campaign Finance customer service filing headquarters (see below) or Department of Records main office in Room 156, City Hall;
(5) submission of reports using spreadsheet template available via the Campaign Finance filing website.
Campaign finance customer service headquarters: For the fall election cycle campaign finance filing periods, a temporary filing headquarters will be available for the convenience of Philadelphia filers. The filing headquarters will be located in the Marriott Residence Inn, One East Penn Square (corner of Market and Juniper, across the street from City Hall). The room will be identified on the hotel's information board, labeled "City of Philadelphia Campaign Finance Filing Center" and easily-accessible from the lobby.
The filing headquarters will be open and customer service staff available Thursday (Sept. 20th), Friday (Sept. 21st), Monday (Sept. 24th) and Tuesday (Sept. 25th), from 8 AM until 7 PM each day. Computer workstations will be available for those filers wishing to input campaign finance records onsite.
For additional information:
For information about campaign finance filing legal requirements, please refer to the Pennsylvania Campaign Finance website and the Philadelphia Board of Ethics website.
For information about acceptable filing methods and procedures, please call the Records Department at 215-686-2225.