GRAFFITI ABATEMENT TEAM (GAT):
1. How much does this graffiti removal service cost?
Graffiti removal by GAT is free.
2. How long will it take GAT to remove graffiti from my property?
Normally graffiti is removed 4-5 business days from the time it is reported. However, adverse weather conditions such as rain, ice or snow may cause delays in graffiti removal.
3. What are the main graffiti removal methods used by GAT?
Powerwashing is used if the graffiti is on a natural brick, stone or metal surface (i.e. unpainted). Painting is the method used by GAT if the tagged surface has already been painted.
4. Does GAT operate year round?
5. My property has been vandalized with graffiti. Should I report it to the police?
Yes. Graffiti vandalism is a crime and should be reported to your local police district.
6. How can I be more proactive in protecting my home and neighborhood from graffiti vandalism?
As soon as graffiti appears in your neighborhood have it removed. You can report graffiti on our online form or you can call 311 to speak with an operator. Graffiti that remains visible for a long period of time encourages graffiti vandals to deface more property in that area. Also try installing motion sensor lighting on your property to discourage graffiti vandalism.