Building Services is responsible for the operation, service, repair and maintenance of many City owned facilities and property. These include:
- City Hall
- One Parkway Building (OPB) - Commercial Office Space
- Municipal Services Building (MSB) - Commercial Office Space
- Criminal Justice Center (CJC) - Courthouse
- Police Headquarters
- All Police Districts and Facilities
- All Fire Stations and Facilities
The total square footage of all facilities is almost 4.5 million. Building Services consists of 100 direct trades and administration employees as well as over 125 full-time contracted maintainence, security, and custodial employeers.
The Contract Services Management Unit of the Building Services Division oversees the contracted employees who operate and maintain OPB, MSB, and CJC.
The remaining facilities are operated and maintained by civil servant employees of varying trades such as:
- General Mechanical