Surveys: 1st Survey District[Record group 90-1]
- Agency History
- The 1st Survey District encompassed the area of South Philadelphia west of Broad Street and south of South Street between 1854 and 1929. This covered Wards 26, 30, 36 and 48. In 1929, the 1st District was transplanted to Northeast Philadelphia and its original area became part of the 2nd Survey District. The new 1st District covered part of the 35th Ward, south of Grant Avenue, north of Cottman Avenue and west of Roosevelt Boulevard. In 1941, it was enlarged to encompass all of the area between Cottman Avenue and Grant Avenue. Small modifications in its boundaries occurred in the 1950s. In 198_, the 1st District was abolished and its territory partitioned between the 4th and 8th Districts.
- Archival Records
- 90-1.1 Surveys, Plans and Maps
Click on a folder or file to return to that level...
Current Agency Information Sheet. (Text-only version of this page)
Send your comments to email@example.com
Last updated on November 8, 2000