Philadelphia Information Locator Service
Managing Director, Office of the[Record group 61]
Agency home page.
- As the Cabinet level office that directly supervises the thirteen operating departments, the traditional function of the Managing Director's Office (MDO) has been to oversee, support and assist those departments.
- Administrative Subunits
- The MDO is divided into eight main divisions:
Management and Budget
Office of Emergency Management
Targeted Assistance Program
Criminal Justice Coordinating Office
Office of Fleet ManagementOther record-creating groups exist or have existed in MDO as follows:
Deputy Managing Directors
Municipal Medical Dispensary
Deputy Managing Director for Housing
Coordinating Office for Drug and Alcohol Abuse Programs (CODAAP)
Youth Services Coordinating Commission and Office
Municipal Energy Office
- Agency History
- The Office of the Managing Director was created under the Philadelphia City Charter of 1951. The members of the Charter Commission melded the ideals of a strong-mayor government with that of the city manager by creating this post to oversee the operations of the operating or service departments of the city government.
- Archival Records
- See archival record holdings for individual divisions (follow the links from the "Divisions" section above).
- Current Records
- 61.a Administrative Board Rules
61.b Daily Mail Log Sheets
61.d Meeting Minutes (MDO Chaired)
61.e Meeting Minutes (Where MDO is a participating member)
61.g Project and Subject Files
61.h Service Request Tracking System
61.i Special Events Package
61.j Visiting Dignitaries and Delegations
Links to related information...
---->Current Agency Information Sheet. (Graphical version of this page)
Send your comments to email@example.com
Last updated on April 24, 2000