Philadelphia Parking Authority[Record group 172]
Agency home page.
- The mission of the Philadelphia Parking Authority (PPA) is to provide the City of Philadelphia with comprehensive parking management services and to support its economic development by:
- Contributing to the improvement of traffic flow and public safety;
- Developing and managing an optimal supply of reasonably priced off-street parking;
- Regulating the use of on-street parking; and
- Maximizing revenues to the City through the efficient and effective management of PPA activities
- Agency History
- Created as a corporate body by Acts of Assembly of June 5, 1947 and May 9, 1949, and organized by an Ordinance of City Council of January 11, 1950, the Authority is under the direction of a board of five unpaid members, appointed by the Mayor. The Authority was created for the purpose of conducting research and maintaining current data leading to efficient operation of off-street parking facilities and to establish a permanent coordinated system of parking facilities. The Authority finances its operations through the issuance of bonds.
- Archival Records
- 172.1 Airport Garage Development. Progress Reports (1975-1976)
172.2 Philadelphia Parking Authority. Reports and Publications (1957-1977)
- Current Records
Click on a folder or file to return to that level...
Current Agency Information Sheet. (Text-only version of this page)
Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated on November 8, 2000