USCC - Department of Admissions[Record group 230-20]
- Agency History
- For the final report of the Department of Admissions, see Final Report of the Director-General.
The Department of Admissions was created on 1 December 1875 and oversaw the admission procedures at the Centennial Exhibition. In addition to collecting admission fees and issuing passes to the grounds, the Department was also responsible for the creation of the forms to be used for tickets, passes, and various reports to be filled out by the various turnstile attendants. It had to man 106 entrance gates and 17 wagon gates each day. There were three classes of admissions: Class A, for those who paid; Class B, for complimentary passes; and Class C, for exhibitors, attendants, employees and reporters.
- Archival Records
- 230-20.1 Report of Admissions Other than Cash (1876)
Click on a folder or file to return to that level...
Current Agency Information Sheet. (Text-only version of this page)
Send your comments to email@example.com
Last updated on November 8, 2000