- Official kick-off of campaign
- City agencies begin developing census awareness & outreach plans
- CCC committees begin developing activity plan with timetable
- Volunteer recruitment begins by Philly Counts campaign and other participating organizations.
- Census Bureau conducts outreach trainings.
January – March 2010
- Implementation of CCC activities and City agency outreach plans
- Census questionnaires are mailed or delivered to households.
- Implement pre-Census day communications plan.
- Outreach Efforts begin. Volunteers activated to talk about the Census at community meetings.
- Municipal departments activate their plans.
- Paid and unpaid media campaign begins.
- On the ground outreach efforts in targeted neighborhoods.
Late March 2010
- Census Bureau mails forms to all households in Philadelphia.
April 1, 2010
- Census Day
May - July 2010
- Volunteers continue to target specific hard-to-count census tracts encouraging them to talk to Census Bureau enumerators who will be going door-to-door.