Minimum Acceptable Training And Experience
(The following statement represents the minimum training and experience standards which will be used to admit or reject applicants for tests. Applications submitted by candidates for this class will be reviewed based on training and experience requirements as approved on 4/02.)
- Completion of a bachelor's degree program at an accredited college or university including or supplemented by course work in the field of special group recreation and recreation administration. AND
- Four years of recreation experience. AND
- Two years of recreation experience involving responsibility for the direction and supervision of a large and diversified program of athletic and cultural activities, special events and clubs or responsibility for a recreational field on a comprehensive basis in a staff capacity.
- Any combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable by the Office of Human Resources that has included a Bachelorís Degree and the Specific Experience described above.
NOTE:A master's degree in recreation management, sports management, or a related field may be substituted for two years of the general experience.
Physical And Medical Requirements
- Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required of a position in this class.
Licenses, Registrations And/Or Certificates
- Possession of a valid proper class motor vehicle operator's license issued by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania prior to appointment and during tenure of employment as a Parks and Recreation Program Manager.