CITY OF PHILADELPHIA PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT
SEASONAL MAINTENANCE ATTENDANT
This is routine turf and grounds maintenance work, maintaining and improving park areas. Employees in this class provide these services on a temporary, seasonal basis. Work is performed under the close supervision of a lead worker or a labor crew chief, and involves some disagreeable aspects.
ALLOCATING FACTORS: (The following conditions must be met for a position to be approved for this class.)
- This employee must perform routine turf and grounds maintenance work on a seasonal basis.
TYPICAL EXAMPLES OF WORK (ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY)
- Performs turf and grounds maintenance work such as mowing, trimming, seeding and mulching.
- May operate a variety of power equipment and tools such as riding and non-riding mowers, hedge trimmers, leaf blowers, mulchers and non-riding snow blowers or other equipment as assigned.
- Picks up, rakes sweeps or otherwise gathers litter and/or trash in assigned area or route; delivers litter to a central disposal area.
- Uses sickle or scythe and clears areas inaccessible to power equipment; trims and clears areas inaccessible to power equipment; trims and clears around scrubbery, trees, fences and poles; may assist in the collection of trash on an assigned route.
- Shovels silt and debris to clear drainage outlets, culverts and pipes; removes trash from stream
- Picks up cuttings from beneath pruned trees and feeds branches to a shredding machine.
- Cultivates rows in planted areas.
- Disassembles and stacks benches.
- Performs related work as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- learn grounds maintenance operations.
- learn the use of hand tools.
- understand and follow oral instructions.
- perform a variety of manual tasks.
- learn to operate automotive grounds maintenance equipment.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE (The following statement represents the minimum training and experience standards which will be used to admit or reject applicants for tests. Applications submitted by candidates for this class will be reviewed based on training and experience requirements as approved on 6/1993.)
- No previous experience or education required.
PHYSICAL AND MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required of a position in this class.
PAY RANGE: H03
Class Established: 3/1973
CSC - 4/1973 ; Ad Board - 5/1973
CSC - 4/1993 ; Ad Board - 6/1993
END OF JOB CLASS SPECIFICATION - 9C03