CITY OF PHILADELPHIA PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT
PHOTOGRAPHIC DARK ROOM TECHNICIAN
This is photographic dark room work processing still color film, color prints and black and white film. Work includes operating a variety of equipment used to expose, process, and enlarge black and white and color film. The Photographic Dark Room Technician also performs limited back-up photographic assignments when required by supervisor. A Photographic Specialist supervises this individual.
ALLOCATING FACTORS: (The following conditions must be met for a position to be allocated to this class.)
- The employee must perform photographic dark room work processing still color film, color prints and black and white film.
TYPICAL EXAMPLES OF WORK (ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY)
- Operates color processor to develop color negatives, prints and transparencies, mixes and maintains concentration and temperature of chemicals in the processors.
- Adjusts color enlarger for proper compositions; exposes prints on an enlarger.
- Maintains and makes minor repairs on photographic and processing equipment.
- Catalogs and files completed work.
- Maintains records of materials and supplies used.
- Performs limited back-up photographic assignments as needed
- Performs related work as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- the principles, practices, materials and equipment used in exposing, processing and enlarging still color and black and white film
- the films, cameras, lenses, exposure and lighting techniques used in taking still photographs
- operate color processing and enlarging equipment
- effect minor repairs and maintenance of color processing and enlarging equipment
- file and catalog work and maintain records of materials and supplies used
- learn the principles, practices, materials, and equipment used in photography and related work
- understand and follow oral and written instructions explain civil service regulations and personnel department and finance department policies to departmental officials
- operate a personal computer, particularly for use of email, word processing and database (i.e. for cataloguing photographic jobs and events) software applications
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE (The following statement represents the minimum training and experience standards which will be used to admit or reject applicants for tests. Applications submitted by candidates for this class will be reviewed based on training and experience requirements as approved on 4/01.)
- Education equivalent to the completion of twelfth school grade.
- One year of experience processing and enlarging still color film and shooting of photographic assignments.
Any equivalent combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable by the Personnel Department that has included the specific experience described above.
PHYSICAL AND MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required of
a position in this class.
PAY RANGE: 13
CSC: 2/01, Ad Board: 4/01
END OF JOB CLASS SPECIFICATION - 7L04