CITY OF PHILADELPHIA PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT
PHOTOGRAPHIC SCANNER OPERATOR
This is semi-skilled work in the operation of scanning equipment for photographic reproduction. Employees are responsible for operating high-speed scanners to reproduce documents and for proofing scanned documents. Work involves light physical activity and is performed under the close supervision of an administrative superior.
ALLOCATING FACTORS: (The following conditions must be met for a position to be allocated to this class.)
- The position must be responsible for reproducing records, charts, drawings, maps, blueprints, documents and/or books.
- The position must operate scanning equipment for photographic reproduction.
TYPICAL EXAMPLES OF WORK (ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY)
- Operates a high speed scanner in the reproduction of records, charts, drawings, maps, documents and books; makes labels and place them correctly on each page to be scanned; loads scanner and scan documents; adjusts scanner for proper focus and exposure time; examines documents after scanning for unclear images; correct unclear images by viewing log and bar codes and re-keying in documents by numbers and control scanning process to insure reproduction of clear images.
- Operates a high-speed scanner to reproduce drawings and plans which makes contact prints, tone enlargements, reduced prints and scale changes.
- Operates related photographic equipment such as an Engineering Printer or Digital Copier to reproduce line drawings and blueprint tracings.
- Select desired paper size; remove staples from documents before scanning; after scanning, perform stapling and binding of sheets and other finishing work.
- Maintains log books of the work assigned for the day and the work completed by each operator.
- Maintains records of work performed.
- Performs related work as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- the methods and materials used in the operation of scanning equipment
- the operation and minor maintenance of scanning equipment
- use small tools and instruments
- maintain production standards and work flow
- operate, clean and make minor adjustments to scanning equipment
- understand and follow oral and written instructions
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE (The following statement represents the minimum training and experience standards which will be used to admit or reject applicants for tests. Applications submitted by candidates for this class will be reviewed based on training and experience requirements as approved on 09/02.)
PHYSICAL AND MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Education equivalent to completion of the twelfth school grade.
- Six months of general clerical or laboring experience.
- Six months of experience in the operation of scanners or other photographic reproduction equipment.
Any equivalent combination of training and experience determined to be acceptable by the Personnel Department.
- Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required of a position in this class.
PAY RANGE: 8
Class Established: 8/53
Latest Spec. Revision:
CSC: 04/02, Ad Board: 09/02
END OF JOB CLASS SPECIFICATION - 7L03