Minimum Acceptable Training And Experience
(The following statement represents the minimum training and experience standards which will be used to admit or reject applicants for tests. Applications submitted by candidates for this class will be reviewed based on training and experience requirements as approved on 07/2007.)
- Education equivalent to completion of the twelfth school grade AND
- Two years of experience as a helper or apprentice, installing, configuring, programming, cabling, repairing and inspecting communication systems and related equipment.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable by the Personnel Department that has included the specific experience described above.
NOTE: Certification in NEC systems and/or in two or more areas of cabling may be substituted for the specific experience described above.
Physical And Medical Requirements
- Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required of a position in this class.
Licenses, Registrations And/Or Certificates
- Possession of a valid proper class motor vehicle operator's license as issued by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania prior to appointment and during tenure of employment as a Telephone Maintenance Technician.