PAY RANGE: 11
CUSTODIAL WORK CREW CHIEF
This is custodial work at the crew chief supervisory level. Employees in this class have a shift responsibility for a crew performing custodial work on public buildings and surrounding grounds. Work involves conditions which can be partially controlled, requires physical effort, and may be performed in inclement weather conditions. Work is performed under the supervision of a higher level custodial or maintenance supervisor.
ALLOCATING FACTORS (The following conditions must be met for a position to be allocated to this class.)
1. The employees in this class perform custodial work in the area of specialization at the crew chief supervisory level.
TYPICAL EXAMPLES OF WORK (ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY)
Schedules and assigns work; reassigns work to maintain complete coverage in case of illness or vacation; assists with cleaning duties as necessary to maintain adequate coverage.
Continually tours work area to ensure that tasks are performed in accordance with accepted standards; identifies unacceptable work and re-inspects to make certain that corrective action is taken; checks work area for needed repairs.
Maintains necessary records and prepares reports pertaining to personnel and work activities; estimates need for and requisitions supplies, equipment and repairs; issues supplies to subordinates.
Trains employees in proper cleaning methods and care of equipment; advises subordinates on proper procedures for removing stains, scratches or blemishes from various types of furniture, floors, walls and ceiling surfaces.
Trains employees on proper window washing techniques and operation of equipment such as scaffolding, self-driving rigs, and harnesses; instructs employees on occupational hazards and the safety precautions used in window washing work.
Performs related work as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· the methods, materials, equipment and practices used in cleaning operations
· the occupational hazards and safety precautions used in cleaning work, including window washing
· the methods, equipment, and materials used in window washing work such as harnesses, self-driving rigs, and scaffolding
· supervisory methods and practices
· disciplinary procedures and methods
· supervise a group of employees performing a variety of cleaning tasks
· train and instruct employees in proper cleaning procedures
· employ disciplinary procedures and methods
· operate cleaning equipment such as vacuums, pressure washers, scrubbers, self driving rigs, harnesses, scaffolding, and buffers
· understand and follow written and oral instructions
· prepare records and reports pertaining to daily operations
· establish and maintain effective working relations with associates
· present ideas effectively, both orally and in writing
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE (The following statement represents the minimum training and experience standards which will be used to admit or reject applicants for tests. Applications submitted by candidates for this class will be reviewed based on training and experience requirements as approved on 5/14.)
Completion of the tenth school grade.
One year of experience performing custodial work.
One year of experience as a Custodial Worker 2 or related experience performing semi-skilled and manual labor work in a custodial assignment for public or institutional buildings and surrounding grounds.
Any equivalent combination of training and experience determined to be acceptable by the Office of Human Resources.
PHYSICAL AND MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS
Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required of a position in this class.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, AND/OR CERTIFICATES
Possession of a valid proper class motor vehicle operator's license as issued by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania prior to appointment and during tenure of appointment as a Custodial Work Crew Chief, if required by work assignment.
Positions in the Airport must be able to pass and maintain SIDA (Security Identification Display Area) and AOA (Airfield Operations Area) clearance.
Class Established 9/64
Latest Spec. Revision:
CSC - 4/14
Ad. Board – 5/14