Minimum Acceptable Training And Experience
(The following statement represents the minimum training and experience standards which will be used to admit or reject applicants for tests. Applications submitted by candidates for this class will be reviewed based on training and experience requirements as approved on 10/11)
- Completion of an associate’s degree from an accredited college or university. AND
- Two years of experience providing intake, receptionist, customer service or advanced clerical services in a human relations commission or agency for local, state or federal government, or a social service agency engaged in anti-discrimination work or the provision of community advocacy services.
NOTE: An additional two years of college may be substituted for one year of general experience.
NOTE: Selective Factor Certification may be utilized, as needed, to fill specific positions. In accordance with Civil Service Regulation 11.032 - Selective Factor Certification - the appointing authority may request certification of eligible candidates with sufficient training and/or experience to be able to read, write, and speak fluently and clearly in a designated non-English language to fill specific positions in this class. Certification to fill such position will be made from of the two highest ranking eligible candidates on the eligible list who possess the specified language skills.
- Sufficient training and/or experience to be able to read, write, and speak fluently and clearly in a designated non-English language as required by the job assignment.
Physical And Medical Requirements
- Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required of a position in this class.
Licenses, Registrations And/Or Certificates
- Possession of a valid proper class motor vehicle operator's license issued by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania prior to appointment and during tenure of employment as a Human Relations Intake Coordinator if required by work assignment.