Minimum Acceptable Training And Experience
(The following statement represents the minimum training and experience standards which will be used to admit or reject applicants for tests. Applications submitted by candidates for this class will be reviewed based on training and experience requirements as approved on 3/11.)
- Completion of a master's degree program at an accredited college or university with major course work in environmental health or related program. AND
- Five years of experience in environmental health work, two years of which have been in a supervisory capacity in the area of specialization. AND
- One year of experience at the management level managing an environmental health program for the Health Department.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable by the Office of Human Resources that has included a bachelorís degree in environmental health or related program and the specific experience as described above.
NOTE:A minimum of an additional three (3) years of experience managing an environmental health program for the Health Department in the specialty area may be substituted for the masterís degree requirement. No other substitutions will be permitted.
FEEDER CLASS (ES):Environmental Health Program Manager 4J43
Licenses, Registrations And/Or Certificates
- Possession of a valid proper class motor vehicle operator's license as issued by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania prior to appointment and during tenure of employment as an Environmental Health Program Administrator.
Physical And Medical Requirements
- Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required of a position in this class.