Minimum Acceptable Training And Experience
(The following statement represents the minimum training and experience standards which will be used to admit or reject applicants for tests. Applications submitted by candidates for this class will be reviewed based on training and experience requirements as approved on 10/11.)
- Completion of a bachelor's degree program at an accredited college or university with major course work in chemistry or chemical engineering. AND
- One year of training level experience in analytical chemistry testing.
NOTE: A Masterís Degree in Chemistry may be substituted for the one year of training level experience.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable by the Office of Human Resources which has included completion of a bachelor's degree program as specified above as an educational minimum.
Physical And Medical Requirements
- Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required of a position in this class.
Licenses, Registrations And/Or Certificates
- Possession of a valid proper class motor vehicle operator's license as issued by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania prior to appointment and during tenure of employment as an Analytical Chemist I if required by work assignment.