Minimum Acceptable Training And Experience
(The following statement represents the minimum training and experience standards which will be used to admit or reject applicants for tests. Applications submitted by candidates for this class will be reviewed based on training and experience requirements as approved on 3/11.)
- Completion of a bachelor's degree program at an accredited college or university, with major course work in a qualifying scientific field.* AND
- Two years of experience conducting environmental impact assessments.
NOTE:A master's degree in a qualifying scientific field * may be substituted for one year of specific experience.
- * Qualifying scientific fields include: Biological Sciences, Aquatic or Environmental Chemistry, Geosciences (including Geology, GeoChemistry, GeoMorphology, Hydrogeology), Ecology, Atmospheric Sciences, Soil Sciences, Agronomy, Physical Geography, Ecotoxicology, Hydrology, Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences, Plant Sciences, Forestry, Botany, Oceanography and Marine Studies, Environment or Natural Resource Management, Environmental Policy, Watershed Management and other related scientific fields.
Selective Factor Certification may be utilized, as needed, to fill specific positions.
- In accordance with Civil Service Regulation 11.032 - Selective Factor Certification - the appointing authority may request certification of eligible candidates with one or more of the required degrees to fill specific positions in this class. Certification to fill such position will be made from of the two highest ranking eligible candidates on the eligible list who possess the specified degree.
Physical And Medical Requirements
- Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required of a position in this class.
Licenses, Registrations And/Or Certificates
- Possession of a valid proper class motor vehicle operator's license as issued by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania prior to appointment and during tenure of employment in this class, if required by work assignment.