Minimum Acceptable Training And Experience
(The following statement represents the minimum training and experience standards which will be used to admit or reject applicants for tests. Applications submitted by candidates for this class will be reviewed based on training and experience requirements as approved on 10/11.)
- Completion of a bachelor's degree program at an accredited college or university in a planning related field.* AND
- Two years of technical city planning experience in the area of assignment.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience that has included the completion of any bachelor's degree program including coursework determined by the Office of Human Resources to be equivalent to the specified degree requirement.
NOTE: Completion of a two-year master's degree program in a field determined to be appropriate to the assignment area meets all requirements.
* Qualifying fields related to city planning include: city planning, regional planning, architecture, urban design, landscape architecture OR for the Environmental Planning Assignment engineering or applied science including or supplemented by coursework in environmental science or ecology.
NOTE: Selective Factor Certification may be utilized, as needed, to fill specific positions. In accordance with Civil Service Regulation 11.032 - Selective Factor Certification - the appointing authority may request certification of eligible candidates with one or more of the required degrees or specific experience to fill specific positions in this class. Certification to fill such position will be made from of the two highest-ranking eligible candidates on the eligible list who possess the specified degree and/or experience.
Physical And Medical Requirements
- Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required of a position in this class.