CITY OF PHILADELPHIA PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT
ARCHITECTURAL PROJECTS COORDINATOR 1
This is architectural work of limited scope and responsibility gaining experience toward the full performance level by performing one or more specific project assignments in either general building design or landscape design. An architectural projects coordinator in this class focuses on getting assigned work complete within pre-established guidelines and standards. Work is performed under the close supervision of a higher level architect/engineer.
ALLOCATING FACTORS: (The following conditions must be met for a position to be allocated to this class.)
- The employee must perform limited scope architectural project coordination work in either general building or landscape design.
TYPICAL EXAMPLES OF WORK (ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY)
- Works under the close supervision of a higher-level architect/engineer in performing architectural project coordination work.
- Prepares schematic designs, graphics and drawings.
- Prepares preliminary designs, graphics and drawings and outline specifications.
- Prepares final designs, graphics and drawings.
- Assists in the administration and inspection of construction work.
- May prepare presentation drawings, build models, perform surveys, and secure permits.
- Performs related work as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- the principles of architectural theory in the designated specialty area.
- the principles of planning and land use in the designated specialty area.
- materials and methods of construction and renovation in the designated specialty area.
- the principles, practices, techniques and instruments used in project documentation.
- the sources of information and current developments in the field of the designated specialty area.
- the fundamental theory of structural, mechanical and electrical design in the Building Design specialty.
- the principles and practices of horticulture and plant ecology, for the Landscape Design specialty.
- the preparation or presentation of designs, graphics and drawings.
- learn the fundamentals of the preparation of architectural project coordination.
- learn the fundamentals of cost estimating.
- learn the basic principles and processes required for the administration and inspection of construction and renovation work.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE (The following statement represents the minimum training and experience standards which will be used to admit or reject applicants for tests. Applications submitted by candidates for this class will be reviewed based on training and experience requirements as approved on 01/04.)
PHYSICAL AND MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Completion of a bachelor's degree program at an accredited college or university with major course work in architecture or architectural engineering for the Building/Site Design Specialty or landscape architecture for the Landscape Design Specialty.
- One year of experience performing professional architectural work in the designated specialty area.
Advanced course work in architecture beyond the bachelor's degree as stated above may be substituted for the required experience.
- Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required of
a position in this class.
PAY RANGE: EP16
Class Established: 1/53
Latest Spec. Revision:
CSC: 9/03, Ad Board: 1/03
END OF JOB CLASS SPECIFICATION - 3D04