Minimum Acceptable Training And Experience
(The following statement represents the minimum training and experience standards which will be used to admit or reject applicants for tests. Applications submitted by candidates for this class will be reviewed based on training and experience requirements as approved on 12/11.)
- Completion of a bachelorís degree program at an accredited college or university, with major course work in electrical engineering or a closely related field AND
- Three years of engineering experience as a staff member or consultant for a medium or large hub airport, or other large facility with restrictive access. AND
- Five years of recent (within ten years of the examination announcement) project manager experience in the design and implementation of airport security systems, including, but not limited to access control systems, biometrics, perimeter intrusion detection systems, passenger and baggage screening systems.
- Five years of recent (within ten years of the examination announcement) project manager experience in design and installation of security systems using access control systems, biometrics, perimeter intrusion detection systems or passenger / employee screening systems in a large facility with complex security system with at least a million visitors or passengers per year.
- Any equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience determined to be acceptable by the Office of Human Resources that has included the completion of a bachelor's degree program in engineering or a related field at an accredited college or university.
NOTE: The employee must clear a security background check
Physical And Medical Requirements
- Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required of a position in this class.
Licenses, Registrations And/Or Certificates
- Possession of a valid proper class motor vehicle operator's license as issued by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania within six months of hire and during tenure of employment in this class.