Minimum Acceptable Training And Experience
(The following statement represents the minimum training and experience standards which will be used to admit or reject applicants for tests. Applications submitted by candidates for this class will be reviewed based on training and experience requirements as approved on 10/11.)
- Education equivalent to completion of the twelfth school grade AND
- One year of general engineering aide experience. AND
- Two years of technical engineering aide experience at the full performance level in the area of specialization, performing engineering or architectural support tasks.
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience determined to be acceptable by the Office of Human Resources which has included the Specific Experience as specified above.
NOTE: Successful completion of one year of engineering, surveying, industrial or mechanical drafting training at an accredited college, university, vocational or technical institute may be substituted for the General Experience requirement.
SURVEYING SPECIALTY ONLY
- Possession of a valid certificate as a Land Surveyor in Training (SIT) or Engineer in Training certificate (EIT) issued by the Pennsylvania Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors may be substituted for the Education and Experience requirement for the Surveying specialty.
Physical And Medical Requirements
- Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required of a position in this class.
Licenses, Registrations And/Or Certificates
- Possession of a valid proper class motor vehicle operator's license as issued by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania prior to and during tenure of employment as an Engineering Aide 3, if required by work assignment.