Minimum Acceptable Training And Experience
(The following statement represents the minimum training and experience standards which will be used to admit or reject applicants for tests. Applications submitted by candidates for this class will be reviewed based on training and experience requirements as approved on 6/11.)
- Completion of a bachelor's degree program at an accredited college or university. AND
- Six years of experience in any of the administrative occupations. AND
- One year of administrative management experience directing the provision of all administrative services necessary to provide efficient operation for a department characterized by moderate or limited complexity and diversity of its functions.
- One year of fiscal administrative work directing the accounting and budgeting functions of a large city agency or directing the budgeting and other fiscal functions for several departments as a part of an administrative services cluster.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable by the Office of Human Resources, which has included the specific experience and a bachelor's degree as an educational minimum.
NOTE:A master's degree from an accredited college or university, with major course work in business administration or public administration, may be substituted for one year of the general experience.
THE FOLLOWING CLASSES TYPICALLY MEET THE MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Administrative Services Director 2 (2N04)
- Fiscal Officer (2A33)
Physical And Medical Requirements
- Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required of a position in this class.