Minimum Acceptable Training And Experience
(The following statement represents the minimum training and experience standards which will be used to admit or reject applicants for tests. Applications submitted by candidates for this class will be reviewed based on training and experience requirements as approved on 9/11.)
- Completion of a bachelor's degree program at an accredited college or university AND
- One year of experience at the trainee level in one of the recognized administrative occupations in a large public jurisdiction. AND
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable by the Office of Human Resources, which includes a Bachelor's degree as an educational minimum.
NOTE: Possession of a Master's degree in Business Administration, Industrial Management, Government Administration, Political Science, Public Administration or a related field may be substituted for one year of experience at the trainee level.
Selective Factor Certification may be utilized, as needed, to fill specific positions.
In accordance with Civil Service Regulation 11.032 - Selective Factor Certification - the appointing authority may request certification of eligible candidates with:
Experience in one of the following occupations:
- Forms Management
- Records Management
- Grants Management
- Budget Preparation
- Administrative Analysis
- A bachelorís degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting to fill positions working in financial assignments.
Physical And Medical Requirements
- Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required of a position in this class.