CITY OF PHILADELPHIA PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT
ADMINISTRATIVE / TECHNICAL TRAINEE
This is work of a training nature in an administrative or technical discipline. Employees gain professional
knowledges and experience, and assignments require the progressive familiarization with and application of recognized
standards and practices appropriate to such areas as forms and records management, public procurement, real properly
evaluation, youth service program analysis, or historical research for the restoration of city landmarks. Work expands
in complexity and scope as the trainee advances to the full performance level, and is carried out under the close
supervision and guidance of an administrative or technical superior. Interviewing, explaining departmental policies and
otherwise dealing with the public and associates are important aspects of the work.
TYPICAL EXAMPLES OF WORK (ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY)
- Performs a variety of field and office tasks in the assigned discipline; gathers data by research, interview or
observation; develops and analyzes data; recommends actions based upon study findings, professional standards and
organizational policies; prepares case reports; documents actions and recommendations; explains and presents study
- Reads texts, manuals, instructions, regulations and statements of agency procedure; develops knowledges, skills
and abilities in administrative or technical field.
- Performs related work as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- learn and apply the principles, practices and standards required in the administrative or technical field to which
- gather and analyze facts.
- exercise sound judgment.
- present ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
- understand and follow instructions.
- apply knowledges, skills and abilities acquired.
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public and associates.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE (The following statement represents the minimum training
and experience standards which will be used to admit or reject applicants for tests. Applications submitted by candidates
for this class will be reviewed based on training and experience requirements as approved on 3/84.)
PHYSICAL AND MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Completion of a bachelor's degree program at a recognized college or university.
- Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required of a position in this class.
PAY RANGE: EP10
Class Established: 3/1984
END OF JOB CLASS SPECIFICATION - 2L04