- This is counseling work at the advanced performance level, providing training and technical guidance to employees who advise and inform individuals of the provisions and applications of the Municipal Retirement Ordinances. Reviewing the work of and providing technical oversight to a staff of pension counselors and clerical support staff engaged in advising and instructing individuals on the provision, ordinances, laws, and application of the City's pension program as well as the computing of pensions are significant aspects of the work.
- Employees at this level may have rotating assignments between units as required, at the discretion of the Pension Board Director or Pension Program Administrator. The employee reports to a technical or administrative superior.
(The following conditions must be met for a position to be allocated to this class.)
- The position must act as a lead worker to pension counselors who advise individuals of the provisions and application of the City's pension program.
- Only three positions will be allocated to this class.
- The position must be located in the Board of Pensions and Retirement.