CITY OF PHILADELPHIA PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT
HIRING SERVICES ASSISTANT 2
This is specialized public human resources support work in a hiring team in the City's central human resources agency. In addition to providing general support services, employees in this class independently carry out all of the essential support services required for public human resource work, including: scheduling and administration of exams; exam scoring; and certification and management of eligible lists. These employees also provide job design support work such as review of questionnaires and preparation of Civil Service Commission meeting agendas. These employees mentor lower level support employees and share their expertise in support services with other team members.
CORE STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
- performs all support functions proficiently and independently
- develops credibility and reputation for competent work
- mentors and coaches lower level support staff
- demonstrates ability to perform work of increasing difficulty and complexity as experience is gained
- consistently meets department and professional quality standards when carrying out assigned tasks
- consistently meets production requirements and fulfills commitments to colleagues, team leader, and clients
- performs related work as required
- English grammar, spelling and oral communication
- basic arithmetic functions - addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- civil Service placement and selection processes used in municipal government
- current personnel record keeping practices and techniques utilized by the City of Philadelphia
- operational rules and procedures that apply to test scoring, certification and placement processing in a municipal government
- standard computer software packages used for word processing, spreadsheets, and database management as well as Personnel Department specific information systems
- Civil Service job design processes and procedures
- all Abilities Required for Hiring Assistant I.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED OF ALL HIRING SERVICES SUPPORT STAFF:
- Verify accuracy and completeness of information on paper or computer documents or records
- Correct mistakes in written or computer documents or records
- Compose simple correspondence or other written work
- Respond orally to inquiries or requests for information
- Review and/or approve applications or requests
- Recommend solutions to routine problems
- Score tests
- Manage eligible lists
- Work cooperatively with others to generate ideas/suggestions
- INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- CUSTOMER SERVICE
Note: Competencies are derived from the U.S. Office of Personnel Managementís Human Resource Manager database, a copy of which resides in the City of Philadelphia Personnel Department. Definitions of each competency have been developed by U.S. OPM for nationwide use and are available for review upon request in the Personnel Department.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE (The following statement represents the minimum training and experience requirements that will be used to admit or reject applicants for tests. Applications submitted by candidates for this class will be reviewed based on training and experience requirements as approved on 3/08.)
PHYSICAL AND MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS
Education equivalent to the completion of the twelfth school grade.
Two years of experience providing hiring process support services.
One year of experience at the Hiring Assistant I level, performing test scoring, list management, test administration, applicant eligibility review, and other general support services.
Any equivalent combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable by the Personnel Department that has included the specific experience described above.
Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required of City human resource positions.
PAY RANGE: 13
CSC: 5/99, Ad Board: 8/99
CSC: 11/99, Ad Board: 12/99
Latest Spec. Revision:
CSC: 12/07, Ad Board: 3/08
END OF JOB CLASS SPECIFICATION - 2H15