CITY OF PHILADELPHIA PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT
HIRING SERVICES ASSISTANT 1
This is specialized public human resources support work in a hiring team in the City's central human resources agency. In addition to providing general support services and test administration support, employees in this class carry out at least one of the essential support services required for public human resource work, including: scoring of exams and/or certification and management of eligible lists. These employees share their expertise in support services with other team members as required.
CORE STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
- Performs assigned support services with supervision of senior hiring assistant, team associate, or hiring team leader.
- Actively acquires knowledge, abilities, and competencies of Hiring Assistant II level.
- Develops credibility and reputation for competent work.
- Mentors and coaches other support staff.
- Demonstrates ability to perform work of increasing difficulty and complexity as experience is gained.
- Consistently meets department and professional quality standards when carrying out assigned tasks.
- Consistently meets production requirements and fulfills commitments to colleagues, team leader, and clients.
- Performs related work as required.
- English grammar, spelling and oral communication.
- Basic arithmetic functions - addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Civil Service placement and assessment processes used in municipal government.
- Current personnel record keeping practices and techniques utilized by the City of Philadelphia.
- Operational rules and procedures that apply to test scoring, certification and placement processing in a municipal government.
- Standard computer software packages used for word processing, spreadsheets, and database management as well as Personnel Department specific information systems.
- Maintain paper filing or record system; ensures that paper files are current and complete.
- Add, retrieve or remove information from paper files or records; categorize information for filing.
- Compile information.
- Follow instructions to complete assignments.
- Process incoming forms, records, or other documents.
- Serve as liaison between personnel (inside and outside the agency), users, clients, and customers.
- Project a professional attitude and appearance.
- Work with others to complete a project.
- Operate standard office equipment (for example, telephone, typewriter, fax, photocopier, and calculator).
- Use a keyboard to prepare letters or other documents.
- Maintain security or confidentiality of records, equipment, or computer access.
- Operate a personal computer or computer terminal.
- Enter data into computer.
- Use a computer or word processor to create, edit, print, retrieve, or manipulate files.
- Use addition, subtraction, division, or multiplication.
- Use fractions, decimals, percentages, or averages.
- Provide information about opportunities, services, resources, or jobs.
- Prepare outgoing mail.
- Make or receive telephone calls.
- Make copies, collate, and/or bind materials.
- Use a computer to develop mailing lists or make labels.
- Administer tests.
- Coordinate with others to accomplish work-related activities.
- Core Competencies Required of All Hiring Services Support Staff:
- INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- CUSTOMER SERVICE
Note: Competencies are derived from the U.S. Office of Personnel Management's Human Resource Manager database, a copy of which resides in the City of Philadelphia Personnel Department. Definitions of each competency have been developed by U.S. OPM for nationwide use and are available for review upon request in the Personnel Department.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE (The following statement represents the minimum training and experience standards which will be used to admit or reject applicants for tests. Applications submitted by candidates for this class will be reviewed based on training and experience requirements as approved on 8/99.)
PHYSICAL AND MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Education equivalent to the completion of the twelfth school grade.
- Two years of experience providing hiring process support services, which has included one year performing test administration and general support services.
- Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required of City human resource positions.
PAY RANGE: 8
CSC: 5/99, Ad Board: 8/99
END OF JOB CLASS SPECIFICATION - 2H14