CITY OF PHILADELPHIA PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT
This is routine clerical work at a trainee level learning to perform a variety of tasks which follow easily learned and established practices.
Work is performed under the immediate supervision of a clerical superior. Assignments are limited in nature and are carried out in accordance with detailed instructions. Employees in this class perform a variety of incidental office functions.
TYPICAL EXAMPLES OF WORK (ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY)
- Sorts and delivers mail.
- Sorts, fills out and files a variety of routine forms.
- Receives telephone messages and relays information; receives visitors and directs to proper destination; gives out standard departmental information.
- Receives and logs in correspondence and forms; assembles forms and correspondence upon request; compiles summaries of posting log.
- Operates office equipment for which no prior training or experience is required.
- Performs related work as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Some knowledge of the English language and spelling.
- Some knowledge of arithmetic.
- Ability to learn City regulations regarding specific clerical procedures.
- Ability to learn clerical procedures and routines.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
The following statement represents the minimum training and experience standards which will be used to admit or reject applicants for tests.
- Education equivalent to completion of the tenth school grade.
PHYSICAL AND MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required of a position in this class.
Pay Range: 3
Class Established: Feb. 1972
END OF JOB CLASS SPECIFICATION - 1A01