CITY OF PHILADELPHIA PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT
ELECTION AND VOTER REGISTRATION AIDE
This is temporary, routine clerical work assisting in the preparation for elections, performing clerical tasks required after elections and registering citizens in order that they
may be eligible to vote.
Work is performed under the supervision of a clerical superior. Assignments are limited in nature and are carried out in accordance with detailed instructions. Employees
in this class assist in the performance of clerical tasks necessary to conduct elections.
TYPICAL EXAMPLES OF WORK (ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY)
- Posts pertinent information to official election and registration forms; assists in the
proofreading of ballots and related material; files and maintains official ballots and
registration materials; assists in the official count of ballots.
- Assists registrars in recording data on citizens and in swearing in voters.
- Performs related work as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
business English, spelling and general clerical procedures.
- make simple arithmetical computations and to write legibly.
- learn assigned clerical tasks and pertinent sections of the election laws within a
reasonable training period and to observe prescribed departmental routines.
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and the general public.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
(The following statement
represents the minimum training and experience standards which will be used to admit or reject applicants for tests.)
- Education equivalent to the eighth school grade.
PHYSICAL AND MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required of a position in this class.
PAY RANGE: H03
Class Established: 2/1980
END OF JOB CLASS SPECIFICATION -1B61