CITY OF PHILADELPHIA PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT
This is routine manual and clerical work.
Work is performed under the immediate supervision of an administrative or clerical
superior. Assignments are limited in nature and are performed in accordance with detailed
instructions. Light physical effort is required in the performance of messenger and related
TYPICAL EXAMPLES OF WORK (ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY)
- Receives and delivers office communication and incoming mail, packages, or other
materials for established schedules or special assignments.
- Stamps and prepares letters, packages, printed matter, and other outgoing material for
- Receives telephone messages and relays information.
- Operates mimeograph and addressograph machine; assists in maintaining files of
addressograph plates; makes adjustment and minor repairs to equipment.
- Performs related work as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to learn simple, repetitive tasks within a reasonable period of time.
- Ability to perform light manual tasks.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to make arithmetic calculations and to write legibly.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
(The following statement
represents the minimum training and experience standards which will be used to admit or reject
applicants for tests.)
- Education equivalent to completion of the eighth school grade.
PHYSICAL AND MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required of a position in this class.
PAY RANGE: 3
Class Established: 1/1953
Latest Spec. Revision: 12/1963
END OF JOB CLASS SPECIFICATION - 1A31