CITY OF PHILADELPHIA PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT
CLERK TYPIST II
( Bilingual )
( General )
This is advanced clerical and typing work. Work includes the performance of skilled
typing tasks, but principal emphasis is upon the difficulty of, and the responsibility for related
clerical work. Supervision may be exercised over a small group of lower level clerical
Work is performed under the supervision of a clerical or administrative superior.
TYPICAL EXAMPLES OF WORK (ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY)
- Types correspondence, reports, accounting and financial statements, tabulations,
vouchers, medical records and case histories.
- Composes and types form letters or answers to routine correspondence.
- Utilizes a computer or terminal keyboard for typing and routine data entry and retrieval
- Gives information to visitors requiring a knowledge of departmental rules, regulations
and procedures; takes detailed information from applicants and fills in forms.
- Posts to and balances accounting, financial and cost records; posts payroll, personnel and
similar records and compiles reports and forms from these and other records.
- May assign and review the work of a small group of employees engaged in routine
clerical and typing duties.
- Performs the duties above with members of the English language speaking and designated
non-English language speaking populations.
- Performs related work as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- office practices, procedures, and standard office equipment.
- business English, spelling, and arithmetic.
- maintain departmental clerical records and prepare report forms.
- make minor decisions in accordance with rules and regulations, and to apply these
decisions to work problems.
- make varied arithmetic computations and tabulations accurately and with
- use a computer or terminal keyboard for typing and data entry and retrieval.
- assign and review the work of other clerical employees.
- type from clear copy at a speed level and within accuracy limits established to
determine typing skills.
- understand and speak the designated non-English language fluently for the
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
(The following statements
represents the minimum training and experience standards which will be used to admit or reject
applicants for tests. Applications submitted by candidates for this class will be reviewed based
on training and experience requirements as approved on 1/97.)
- Equivalent to completion of the twelfth school grade.
- One year of experience as a Clerk Typist.
- Completion of a two year post-high school business school course may be substituted for
the one year of experience.
Additional Requirement for the Bilingual Specialty
- Sufficient training and/or experience to be able to converse effectively in the designated
PHYSICAL AND MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions
required of a position in this class.
PAY RANGE: 6
Class Established: 1/1953
CSC - 1/1997 ; Ad Board - 3/1997
END OF JOB CLASS SPECIFICATION - 1A12