The City recognizes that if it is to grow again with
healthy neighborhoods, it must assemble parcels of land for redevelop-ment.
The City has assessed areas of high vacancy and targeted
the vacant lots for acquisition. These zones
offer the City an opportunity
to meet the demand for large parcels with development potential. The
Administration has worked with City Council to create six acquisition
Within these zones, subject to the availability of funds, all vacant lots will be acquired for aggregation and future development. These zones are:
1. Consistent with neighborhood plans;
2. Within existing urban renewal or redevelopment areas to facilitate the City's acquisition of properties;
3. Targeted for large scale demolition activity;
4. Located near neighborhood assets (parks, transit hubs, etc), including employers and other institutional anchors;
5. Near strong real estate markets and/or that have received expressions of interest by for-profit and non-profit developers; and
6. Close to prior housing and community development investments.