Smokers don't use help for many reasons:
- They may not know the benefits of quitting with help.
- Quit-smoking medications can be expensive, and many insurance plans don’t cover these products.
- Smokers may not know how to access free or low-cost counseling.
- They may have misperceptions about the harms of certain treatments.
Get Healthy Philly is promoting the benefits of quitting with help and making it easier and cheaper to get help.
- Medicaid cessation fact sheet for health care providers
- Quit Smoking Resources Flyer
- Determined to Quit (PA Quit Line) – 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669)
- Become an Ex
For more information, visit SmokeFree Philly or call 311.