Philadelphia City Branding Image
Sexual Assault FAQ's
I am a victim of Sexual Assault. What should I do?
If you have been the victim of sexual assault, it is important to seek medical attention immediately. Please call 911 or the Philadelphia Police Department Special Victims Unit at 215-685-3251 for transportation to the Philadelphia Sexual Assault Response Center (PSARC).

Please do NOT shower, eat, drink, or smoke before going to the PSARC, as this may destroy evidence. At the PSARC, you will receive a comprehensive medical examination and treatment for possible sexually transmitted infections, and forensic evidence will be collected. The medical examination will be completed by a registered nurse who is specially trained in conducting sexual assault exams. You will also have the opportunity to be connected with a counselor who can offer support and answer your questions.

If you would like to report a sexual assault that occurred in the past, please contact the Philadelphia Police Department Special Victims Unit at 215-685-3251. You may also contact WOAR, a non-profit organization that assists victims of sexual assault, for assistance with this process.

Supportive services for victims of sexual assault:

WOAR - Women Organized Against Rape
1617 JFK Boulevard
One Penn Center
Suite 1100
Philadelphia, PA 19103
(215) 985-3333 (hotline)