In order to be successful, new businesses need access to training on how to start a business, write a business plan and apply for a loan. Many successful business ideas are never realized because of a lack of funding or support to get started. The City understands how important it is for businesses to have access to training and lending opportunities.
In order to make these opportunities available to local businesses, the Department of Commerce provides funding to local organizations and Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) that provide help to small businesses. These organizations offer a diverse array of services including: classroom training, one-on-one assistance, and lending.
Business Skills Training, Credit Counseling, & Financial TrainingEntrepreneur Works
(267) 236-7000Welcoming Center for New Pennsylvanians
(215) 557-2626The Enterprise Center
(215) 895-4000Women’s Business Development Center
(215) 790-9232WORC - Women’s Opportunities Resource Center
(267) 236-7000WORC - Women’s Opportunities Resource Center
English for EntrepreneursWelcoming Center for New Pennsylvanians
Legal Assistance & ClinicsWelcoming Center for New Pennsylvanians
(215) 557-2626Women’s Business Development Center