9 Steps to a Perfect ONLINE PLEDGE
For the first time in Campaign history employees who are paid through Central payroll can make their 2013 Campaign payroll deduction contributions online! There are many perks to giving online (including being entered in special contests just for egivers), but one important benefit is that it reduces errors and ensures your gifts
reach the organizations you want to help! Just follow these 9 easy steps and you’ll have made your donation in no time.
- Go to the Combined Campaign website
and follow the link for Online Giving.
- Once on the Online Giving Site, login for the first time. To do this enter your
Employee ID (also known as your Payroll ID) and your password. The first time
you login your password will be the last four digits of your social security number.
- After you login for THE FIRST TIME ONLY you will be prompted to change
your password by entering your old one (the last four digits of your social
security number), a new password of your choosing (be sure to pick something
that you can remember), and your email address.
- You are now ready to make your donations! Click on the Donations tab
on the navigation bar under the City Combined Campaign logo. Select an
umbrella organization in the Agency drop-down menu that you wish to give to.
- After selecting an Agency, if you want to donate to a sub-agency or donor choice
nonprofit with America’s Charities, Community Health Charities of Pennsylvania,
Environmental Fund for Pennsylvania, Global Impact, or United Way of Greater
Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey, select a member organization from the
Sub-Agency drop down menu.
- Whether giving to an umbrella agency or sub-agency, then designate the dollar
amount you want deducted from your paycheck each pay period.
- Click Accept! The deduction will now be listed under the “Employee Payroll
Deductions” section on the same page.
- If you wish to designate another deduction just repeat steps 4 through 7.
YOU MUST DO THIS AT THE TIME YOU REGISTER YOUR FIRST DEDUCTION. There is a maximim of five deductions you can take out. After you’ve logged out of your first session in the online system, to add additional donations or change the ones you
have made you will need to fill out a paper pledge card
- To log-out click on the Logout tab on the navigation bar under the City Combined
Campaign logo and click the Logout button.
7 Steps to a Perfect Paper Pledge
Who says nobody’s perfect? You can achieve pledging perfection by correctly completing your pledge card. By following these steps, you will help to ensure that your gift is properly processed in a timely manner. So take a little extra time to make your pledge form pictureperfect. You’ll be glad you did.
*You can add additional gifts by indicating your extra charitable designations in the One Time Cash/Check Gift column of the pledge card.
- Verify that your name, payroll number and department are correct. If filling out a blank card, print neatly and clearly.
- Select no more than 5 charities for Payroll Deductions.*
- Total the charitable payroll deductions (or one time cash/check gift) column at the bottom of the pledge card.
- Fill in the total amount of payroll deduction in one of the boxes at the top of the pledge card, under the “Gift Per Pay Period” section.
- Make sure the total payroll deduction at the bottom of the card matches the gift box checked at the top of the card.
- Check agency names and codes against the listing in the back of this guide and sign your name to authorize Payroll Deductions.
- Turn in your signed pledge card to your department Co-Chair
Then be sure to attach your cash or check donations with your pledge card. Use only one pledge card.
Need more information? For more information about any of the
organizations or agencies listed in this
guide, please feel free to contact them
directly. For answers to frequently asked questions. For questions about completing your pledge card, contact the Center for Responsible Funding at 215.925.6140.