To improve the lives of people in Philadelphia: people who live, work, learn, invent and play here.
Respect, Service, Integrity - Smarter, Faster, Better
Economic Recovery and Jobs
Philadelphia grows as a green city
- Create and retain jobs: more than 14,000 construction jobs, including 300 green jobs, and 4,000 permanent jobs
- Prepare the Delaware Waterfront and the Philadelphia International Airport to be the centers of the next wave of economic development
- Make Philadelphia a leading center of innovation in educational, medical, research institutions and sustainable technology
- Increase high school graduation rates by 50% in 5-7 years
- Double the number of residents with a 4 year Bachelor’s degree in 5-10 years
- Add 75,000 people to Philadelphia’s population in 5-10 years
Enhancing Public Safety
Philadelphia becomes the safest large city in the country.
- Increase the feeling of safety at home, in school, in the neighborhood, at work and at play
- Reduce homicide rate by 50% in 5 years
Investing in Youth and Protecting the Most Vulnerable
Philadelphia’s youth and vulnerable populations have the opportunity to thrive.
- Assure that all children are ready to learn by the time of school entry
- Improve life expectancy and the health and safety of children and adults
- Provide housing opportunities for 25,000 households, including Foreclosure Prevention
- Provide housing and supportive services for all homeless people in Philadelphia
Reforming city government to work better and cost less.
- Meet customer service standards for all city services, including redress for the customer when standards are not met
- Increase positive perceptions of city services and the trustworthiness of government
- Build a sound fiscal foundation for stable public services now and in the future
- Promote sustainable city services that save money today while avoiding costs tomorrow