Philadelphia Information Locator Service
USCC - Bureau of Installation[Record group 230-27]
- Agency History
- For the final report of the Bureau of Installation, see Final Report of the Director-General.
The Bureau of Installation was created by resolution of the Executive Committee of the United States Centennial Commission on 14 January 1875 and officially announced by the Director-General in March 1875. The special duties given to the Bureau were:
1. The classification and distribution to the other Bureaus of all applications for space in the American departments of the Exhibition.
2. The general installation of foreign countries within the Main Building.
3. The installation in detail of the American Department, Main Building, including allotment of space to American exhibitors.
4. The superintendence of the Main Building during the period of the Exhibition.
5. The general supervision of special structures.
Note: Many of the records of this Bureau reside in the collections of the National Archives and Records Administration in Washington, D.C.
- Archival Records
- 230-27.1 Papers (1876-1877)
Links to related information...
---->Current Agency Information Sheet. (Graphical version of this page)
Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated on November 3, 2000