Philadelphia Information Locator Service
Surveys, Plans and Maps[Record Series: 90-9.12]
- "Plan Of The First Section Of The Resurvey And Regulation Of The Late Borough Of Germantown, Twenty-Second Ward, City Of Philadelphia" 1858. Ordered by Councils, April 17th, 1856. Made under the direction of Jesse Lightfoot, Surveyor & Regulator, 9th District. Approved by the Board of Surveyors, May 3d 1858, Strickland Kneass, Chief Engineer and Surveyor. "Correct copy of the original plan compared Dec. 13, 1889 by R. A. McFadden" 2 copies of map; 1 altered with new street names.
- "Plan Of The Revision Of Lines And Grades Of The Second Section Of Survey And Regulation Of The Late Township Of Bristol, Twenty-Second Ward...." 9th Survey District, 1876. 1 map. Authorized by Ordinance of Councils approved 28 June 1876 which provided for a revision of lines and grades on plans 135 and 171 of the City Plan, no scale indicated; covers area bounded by Cayuga Street, Duncannon Avenue, Germantown Avenue and the Cheltenham and Willow Grove Turnpike (Old York Road) or "Stenton Section"; shows layout of streets, location of stones marking distance, grades and topography. Folded with the plan is a plan of a section including the area of between 17th and 18th streets and Cayuga and Wingohocking streets showing grades approved by District Surveyor and Regulator, George S. Webster, on 7 June 1880. Location: Shelf
- "Plan Of The Revision Of Lines And Grades Of The Second Section, Twenty-Second Ward...." 9th Survey District, ca. 1885 3 maps. Plan of the area located between Germantown and Wissahickon Avenues and bounded on the northwest by Washington Street (Lane) and with School Lane (School House Lane) as the southeast boundary of the two of the plans and Queen Street (Lane) as the southeast boundary of the third plan; no scale indicated; shows layout of streets, location of stones marking distance, and grades; two of the plans also show some topographical detail. One of the plans was prepared by Walter Jones, Surveyor and Regulator of the 9th Survey District in accordance with an Ordinance, approved 19 January 1885, and it is very possible that the other plans date from the same period. Location: Shelf
- "Plan Showing Topography Over Third Section, Twenty-Second Ward, Philadelphia." ca. 1860 1 Map.
- "Plan Of The Fourth Section Of The Resurvey And Regulation Of The Late Borough Of Germantown, Twenty-Second Ward...." 9th Survey District, 1856. 1 map. Prepared in accordance with Resolution of Councils of 17 April 1856 by Jesse Lightfoot, Surveyor and Regulator of the 9th Survey District; no scale indicated; includes area bounded by Washington Avenue (Lane), Carpenter Street (Lane), Wissahickon Avenue, and Green (Greene) Street; shows layout of streets, location of stones marking distance, and grades. Location:
- "Topography. Eleventh Section. Germantown. Plan No. 214" ca. 1880. 1 map. Plan includes area from Germantown Avenue on the east, Jefferson (Cherokee) Street on the west, Carpenter Lane on the south and Allen's Lane on the north. Shows topography, location of actual and proposed streets and intersections, buildings, streams, elevations. ink on linen 29" x 46".
- "Proposed Revision Of A Portion Of '214' For Harlan Page. 10-26-1897" 1 map. Plan includes area from Green (Greene) Street to Wissahickon Avenue, Carpenter Lane to Allen's Lane. Topography only with proposed and open streets. ink on linen 32" x 27".
- "Plan Showing Topography Over Twelfth Section Of Germantown, Twenty-Second Ward, Philadelphia, According To An Act Of Congress. Approved" 1 map. Plan # 215. Covers from Allen's Lane to Mermaid Lane, Germantown Avenue to Wissahickon Avenue.
- "Plan Of Revision Of Lines And Grades Of A Portion Of City Plan No. 144." 1894. 1 map. Bounded by Union Avenue (Graver's Lane, Willow Grove Avenue, Germantown Avenue, Stenton Avenue. Authorized by ordinance of Councils approved June 29th, 1894. Joseph C. Wagner, Sur. & Regr. 9th District. Shows lines and grades of various streets, and measurement of blocks. Location: Map Case
- "A Revision Of The Lines And Grades Of A Portion Of City Plan No. 145, Twenty-Second Ward, Philadelphia. Authorized By Ordinance Of Councils, Approved February 2, 1897" 1 map. Shows area between Queen Street (Lane) and Roberts Avenue, and between Wissahickon Avenue and Wayne Avenue. Joseph C. Wagner, Surveyor and Regulator, 9th District.
- "Plan To Revise The Lines And Grades Of That Portion Of City Plan No. 206, 22nd Ward." 1930, 1 map. Bounded by Mermaid Lane, Stenton Avenue, Roumfort Road, Ardleigh Street, Gowen Avenue and Germantown Avenue and to make such revisions of the boundary streets as may be necessary to complete the plan. Authorized by Ordinance of Council Approved March 1, 1930. That portion of the plan bounded on the westerly side of Stenton Avenue, Northerly side of Roumfort Avenue, westerly side of Anderson Street, and the Northerly side of Cresheim Avenue. Confirmed by the Board of Surveyors April 7, 1930. Location:
- "Lines And Grades Between Queen Street And Roberts Avenue And Between Wissahickon And Wayne Avenues." 1899 1 map. Confirmed by the Board of Surveyors, February 20, 1899. George S. Webster, Chief Engineer and Surveyor. This map shows streets, grades, and topographical features of the Fern Hill Estate with the location of buildings. Location:
- Topographical Map, Mermaid Lane To Willow Grove Avenue, Stenton Avenue To Germantown Avenue, ca. 1886, 1 map. Shows roads, topographical features, houses, elevations. Location:
- "Plan Of Revision Of Grades On Wayne Avenue" 1885 2 maps. Shows lines and grades, and measurement of blocks. Covers area of Wayne Avenue and Pulaski Avenue from Walnut Lane to Washington Street (Lane). One plan dated Jan. 19. 1885. Location: Map Case
- Plan Of Wakefield Avenue And Stention Avenue. 1933 1 map. Plan showing registered owners, lot lines and dimensions of lots along Wakefield Street between Stenton Avenue and Wyneva (late Louden) Street and along Stenton Avenue between Wakefield Street and Wyneva Street. Location: Map Case
- Plans Of Awbury Arboretum, 1899-1932, 14 plans. Includes three copies of a topographical map of the property, Awbury, prepared in January 1899 by a private firm of civil engineers, which are coded to indicate locations of the trees, evergreen trees, fences, roads, and hedges and which are marked with proposed pathways. Scale 1" = 50'. Plans showing proposed line of Boyer street and the Haines Estate located at Haines and Chew streets, prepared by Harrison, Mertz & Emlen, Engineers (Scale 1" = 50'), prepared on 29 December 1922 and 1 July 1922 respectively; plans of 27 August 1931 and 4 March 1932 (scale 1" = 500') showing built and unbuilt areas in the section bounded by Chew Street, Vernon Road, Ogontz Avenue, Wyncote Avenue, Stenton Avenue, and Wister Street, in the 22nd and 42nd Wards; surveys prepared by Surveyor and Regulator of the 9th Survey District in accordance with an ordinance approved 15 December 1919 as a plan to revise the lines and grades of a portion of the City Plan 177 and to place thereon Awbury Arboretum, confirmed by the Board of Surveyors, 18 January 1926; field sheets, a plan of properties in the vicinity of the Awbury Arboretum; and some property descriptions, clippings and correspondence.
- Morris Arboretum 1909-1914, 2 maps. "Section 11. Grading Plan. The Morris Arboretum, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia. Plan No. 11-01. Topographic information taken from survey by Pugh & Hubbard. 1909-1914." Scale 1" = 20'. Shows southern part of arboretum. Depicts topographic features, walks, roads, flower and plant beds, greenhouses, water and drainage pipes, fences and boathouse.
Links to related information...
---->Surveys: 9th Survey District [90-9]
------>Surveys, Plans and Maps [90-9.12]
-------->Shelf List. (Graphical version of this page)
Send your comments to email@example.com
Last updated on November 8, 2000