Archived Health Status Reports
- Community Health Assessment (2014)
PDPH has drafted a Community Health Assessment (CHA) as part of its efforts to achieve public health accreditation by 2015. A CHA is a systematic assessment of population health that highlights key public health challenges and improvements in the jurisdiction. For Philadelphia, the CHA encompasses 13 public health domains, reflecting local priorities and those identified by Healthy People 2020 and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation’s County Health Rankings. Comments can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Retail Advertising for Tobacco Products and Sugary Beverages in Philadelphia (2013)
This report assesses ads for tobacco products and sugary drinks inside and outside 2,800 tobacco retailers in Philadelphia.
- Philadelphia Child Death Review Report, 2009-2010 (2013)
This report focuses on the children whose deaths in 2009 and 2010 were reviewed by the Philadelphia Child Death Review Team.
- Walkable Access to Healthy Food in Philadelphia, 2010 & 2012
This report assesses and graphically depicts walkable access to healthy food retailers in Philadelphia for 2010 and 2012.
- Philadelphia Homeless Death Review Report, 2009-10 (2012)
This report focuses on the homeless people whose deaths in 2009 and 2010 were reviewed by the Philadelphia Homeless Death Review Team.
- Chronic Diseases by Planning District (2010)
This report provides an overview of chronic diseases in 18 Philadelphia planning
districts, including prevalence, risk factors, and demographic indicators.
- Obesity and Related Chronic Diseases (2010)
This report provides an overview of chronic disease and healthy eating/active living
indicators for Philadelphia adults and children.
- Philadelphia Child Death Review Report, 2006-2008 (2010)
This report describes and discusses child deaths, 2006-2008, that were reviewed by the Philadelphia Child Death Review Teams.
- Philadelphia Homeless Death Review Report, 2009 (2010)
This report focuses on the homeless people whose deaths in 2009 were reviewed by the Philadelphia Homeless Death Review Team.
- The Challenge of Youth Smoking in Philadelphia: Prevalence, Tobacco Access, and Illegal Sales (2010)
This report explores the reasons behind Philadelphia's high rates of youth smoking and offers recommendations to lower those rates.
- Philadelphia HIV/AIDS Epidemiological Update (2009)
This report reviews annual HIV and AIDS to surveillance data.
- Health Center Service Area Report (2009)
A Health Center Service Area is the geographic area in which a majority of a health center’s patients live. This report provides a broad picture of the health and health care needs of communities throughout Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Air Quality Report (2010)
This report describes air quality and air pollutant levels in Philadelphia, including comparisons to National Ambient Air Quality Standards.
- Taking Philadelphia's Temperature (2008)
This report addresses mortality data for Philadelphia, including comparisons with national rates, as well as major risk factors that affect health and healthy life expectancy, including the leading health indicators identified as national priorities in Healthy People 2010.
- Philadelphia Women's Death Review Team: Analysis of Deaths Among Philadelphia Women Ages 15 through 60 (2004 - 2006)
The Philadelphia Women’s Death Review Team was founded in 1996 to identify violence against women as a critical public health issue. This report provides data, analysis and recommendations to reduce trauma and premature death for women and children in Philadelphia. The report also includes a review of trends, 1997- 2006.