External Links and Numbers
Air Quality, Emissions and Compliance Information from the National to County Level
- AirData presents annual summaries of air pollution data from two EPA databases: the AQS (Air Quality System) database provides air monitoring data - ambient concentrations of criteria air pollutants at monitoring sites, primarily in cities and towns and the NEI (National Emission Inventory) database provides estimates of annual emissions of criteria and hazardous air pollutants from all types of sources.
- Use ECHO (Enforcement & Compliance History Online) to determine whether compliance inspections have been conducted by EPA or state/local government, violations were detected, enforcement actions were taken, and penalties were assessed in response to environmental law violations.
- The AQI (Air Quality Index) tells you how clean the air is and whether it will affect your health. Through AIRNow, EPA, NOAA, NPS, state, and local agencies work together to report current and forecast conditions for ozone and particle pollution.
- The Air Quality Partnership of the Delaware Valley provides Ground Level Ozone and Particle Pollution Forecasts
- Philadelphia's Air Quality Website, provides the most up-to-date information about the air quality in Philadelphia and lets you know what you should do to protect your health if the air quality is unhealthy. The tool used to show this is the Air Quality Index (AQI) developed by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- The National-scale Assessment of Air Toxics (NATA) emissions is EPA's ongoing comprehensive evaluation of air toxics in the U.S.
- The EPA's RadNet tracks fluctuations in gamma radiation emitted from airborne radioactive particles at Philadelphia's LAB Monitoring Site.
- Clean Air Council - 215-567-4004
- Philadelphia Diesel Difference
- Diesel Technology Forum - 301-668-7230
- Mid-Atlantic Diesel Collaborative
- Delaware Valley Green Building Council- 215-339-5790
- Philadelphia Going Green - Philadelphia's Sustainable Initiatives
- The Philadelphia Code
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection - 484-250-5900
- The Pennsylvania Code
- The Pennsylvania Bulletin Online includes the following: Statewide and local court rules; the Governor's Proclamations and Executive Orders; Actions by the General Assembly; Rulemakings by State agencies; Proposed Rulemakings by State agencies; and State agency notices.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - 215-814-5000
- Federal Regulations - The Protection of the Environment
Other Sites of Interest
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry: Public health statements on specific toxics and the effects of exposure
- American Lung Association: Information on lung health, air pollution, and related matters
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America - 1-800-727-8462
- Detailed information on toxics
- Pennsylvania Small Business Assistance Program - 877-ASK-EMAP
- Philadelphia Department of Commerce
- Philadelphia Department of Licenses & Inspections