BUSINESSES - WHAT TO KNOW
It is just as important for every business to plan for fires and emergency situations as it is for individuals.
If you are a business owner, you should develop comprehensive emergency plans to protect your employees, your customers, and to ensure the survival of your business operations.
What you should do:
- Develop a comprehensive emergency plan for your business
- Work closely with the Fire Department in your planning process. Coordination is the key to success
- Make sure an evacuation plan is a vital part of your emergency plan
- Maintain an accurate list of all employees, their phone numbers and emergency contact numbers for use in the event of an emergency.
- If you have a home-operated business, don’t assume your homeowner’s insurance will cover your business. You might need an endorsement on your insurance policy to cover business losses. Check with your insurance agent !
Business Fire Safety Tips in Six Languages