- Officially represents the Mayor and the City at public, civic, ceremonial and special events.
- Oversees areas of International Protocol
Marketing, Promotions and Branding
- Works with various entities, e.g., Philadelphia Convention and Visitor’s Bureau (PCVB) and Greater Philadelphia Tourism and Marketing Corporation (GPTMC), to create the branding and messaging used in marketing the City of Philadelphia regionally, nationally and internationally
- Works with City departments to market programs and events.
- Develops and promotes events to attract visitors and new residents to the City of Philadelphia and elevate the experience of living in the City for residents. Events that are produced by the Office of the City Representative include:
- Coordinates City Services for events produced by the City and outside organizations
- Oversees a Special Events Review Committee and Task Force Committee to facilitate the delivery of services from Fairmount Park; Office of the Managing Director; Police, Fire and EMS departments; Department of Public Property; Streets Department and other city agencies specific to an event.
- Coordinates annual programs created and/or administered by the Office of the City Representative including citywide events, as well as official ceremonial events such as swearing-in and inaugural ceremonies.
- Administers special projects and events, as assigned by the Mayor or requested by other City departments and agencies.
- Provides media relations support to events produced by or facilitated by the City and partners with city marketing agencies such as GPTMC, PCVB, Philadelphia Sports Congress, Select Greater Philadelphia, Center City District.
- Provides photographic services for official events and the Mayor